We have found very good feature in puppylinux 4.1.2 but also found bug on it, please following for the detail.
Good feature was improved
1. able to boot with CD for old computer although would very slowly for first time
2. version 4.1.2 able to check older version and inform user to upgrade
these 2 feature were improved but also still have bug if we setup puppylinux in ext2 partition (old version Linux partition) following the detail as below.
1. Regarding hard dish install would show read only for the sda1 (puppylinux partition)and unable to mount and unmount.
2. Problem upon make us unable to make GRUP when we do re-install
- unable to copy pup_412.sfs to hard disk
- system halted when we shutting down
- unable to connect to the internet via LAN network if we reboot by hard disk (need boot by CD, which quite slow)
- also when we would like to add font to the system, would always loss those file and need copy again and again.
Mention to error upon would not generate if we use puppylinux on hard disk partition as ext3 detail as follow.